What are PDO threads?
PDO stands for polydioxanone–a synthetic fiber material that has been used safely for several years in biomedical applications such as absorbable skin sutures.
PDO has been observed to act as a scaffold to stimulate collagen and elastin synthesis around them and is the new cutting-edge procedure to treat sagging, aged skin.
Although PDO threads are absorbed by the body over a few months, the new skin structures created by them will lift sagging tissue for 2-3 years.
Multiple PDO threads will be strategically placed into the hypodermis using sterile acupuncture needles. The threads will act as a frame for new collagen and elastin to lift the sagging tissue
Frequently asked question
How do the PDO threads dissolve?
Polydioxanone is resorbed by the body through hydrolysis. This takes 4-6 months to achieve.
It Stimulates collagen Synthesis No cut No Incision No side effect No Pain Skin tightening
What areas can be treated?
• Horizontal and vertical forehead wrinkles
• Forehead lift • Brow lift • Lower and outer edges of eyebrows
• Sagging/ droopy eyebrows • Lower eyelid – bags under the eyes, puffy eyes, dark circles
• Cheeks • Naso-labial folds
• Marionette lines • Smiles/ smokers lines
• Saggy cheeks • Under the jaw • Jaw line redefinition
• Creased cheeks • Chin
• -high cheeks -jowls -marionette lines -eyebrow -crow’s feet -nasolabial folds -full face
What body areas can be treated with thread lift?
• Wrinkles on the neck and cleavage
• Breast and chest firming and shaping
• Sagging tissue and stretch marks on the buttocks, belly, arms and legs
• Insensitive subcutaneous tissue and skin (after liposuction treatments)
• Obesity – arms, belly, ribs, thighs, buttocks